Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Surgery Day

Hello everyone, 

I had my surgery this morning at 7:50am.  It was supposed to start at 7:15am but things took a little bit longer. 

Woke up at 4:30am. Showered and left the house by 5:15am with Mike and my parents met me there before it was time to go to the operating room. So we drove down to University Hospital in Cleveland. After I arrived and checked myself in - I thought it was going to be a slow process but it went by quick! So I was happy for that. The surgery was only one hour long. The people who works there are awesome. I never felt so welcome to be there. 

The surgeon checked my device to make sure that it was working properly. He noticed that while looking at the brainwaves, he saw my nerve fibers reacting to it and you know what that means! I will be able to hear more and get a lot out of it. I will benefit so much so that's amazing. 

So I woke up and felt fine. No dizziness or feeling off balanced! I was pleased with that. Mike and my parents came in and kept me company while I was getting discharged from the hospital. I rode in a wheelchair on my way out. I was so happy to be home. and now recovery starts!

Two pics to share from yesterday. 

(just woke up from surgery!)



Time for me to catch up on ZzzZzz's with my cuddly boy, Ryder! 

Night all! =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment