Sunday, July 13, 2014

Doing Well

So yesterday, I woke up feeling good. Took a shower and realized I could wash my hair throughly without having a hard time. That instantly put me in a good mood. That meant I was going to have a good hair day. I could wear my glasses again! AND the best part: my appetite came back! I was able to eat and actually ate a lot - sandwiches, veggies, fruits, and BW3 boneless wings & potato wedges with cheese. Those little things mean a lot! ;)

Drove down to Columbus, Ohio (Mike did, not me) for a friend's bridal shower party. I was thinking about how amazed I am by this recovery. I had surgery on the 8th and was able to go out and about by the 11th and 12th. No pain at all either. So I was happy to be able to do that! It was a nice getaway for a day. It was fun also and I was glad that we could get to see our good friends and visit for a bit. Columbus is one of my favorite places! 

That means no more pain pills! I did take those as required the first couple days and I felt alright, but constantly felt nauseous and dizzy. All it did was to help me sleep but they helped me out. I took it one last time on Friday night because I had a lot of dull pain in my ear and above my ear. Soon after that, I felt very panicky and realized that my body was not doing well to the effects of the pain pill. I told Mike that I couldn't relax and it wasn't fun. Too strong for me! I got nervous and felt like I had to walk around and try to relax myself. I decided that I was 100% done with it after that experience and stick to Advil if I needed to. 

Today I did need to do Advil because now I am experiencing ear aches - but I hope that means it is healing slowly. Although, it's been 5 days since I had surgery - I am doing great, though. :)

I am pretty excited to see what will happen once I have it turned on. My surgeon is looking forward to see how I will benefit from it. July 31st can't get here fast enough. 

Two pictures from yesterday to show you how I am doing 4 days after. You can't tell that I had surgery done. First one is of my friend Michelle and I at her bridal shower. The second is of my friend, Shaun and I at his 30th surprise birthday party. It was great seeing friends again and being out and about. Pretty much 95% back to normal!

  


Update on the incision: healing well & the steri-strips are starting to curl up. My hair is growing back too. 



Have a good Sunday! =) 






No comments:

Post a Comment