Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bye White Bandage!

Today, I was able to take off my white bandage. It felt so good to remove it. I was starting to get very itchy. Mike's mom came over to help me out to cut off the bandage. 



They did shave a little under my long hair and around the right ear to make a incision. I currently have steri-strips on my stitches to keep them in place. It will fall off soon. I just can't touch it and allow it do that by itself. So that's what you are seeing in the second picture. It's amazing how different they do the surgeries today and how simple they are, compared to my first cochlear implant surgery in 2000.

The trickiest thing I had to do today was to wash my hair in the shower! My right ear is very sensitive. I wasn't so sure on how to properly wash my hair around my right ear without getting it wet! But I think managed okay. I haven't attempted to brush my hair yet. So I am thinking how I can do that. Haha. 

July 31st is the big day to turn on the Nucelus 6! Exciting news! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment