Friday, July 11, 2014

Feeling Alright

So the bandage is off, I feel better. No pressure on my right side anymore. My ear is still numb as well as above the ear where my hair was shaved. I'm slowly getting that feeling back, all that tingling and numbness wearing off. I can't wait for it to feel normal again. It get itchy still. I'm hoping that my hair will grow back quickly. I'm not in any pain today so far. If I feel a little bit of pain coming back, I take a Advil or two and that works well. 

I slept great last night. Slept from 11:30PM to 5AM. No interruptions! I was comfortable and was able to sleep on my left side all night and avoided rolling over to my right side. I'm thinking that the white bandage was what kept me up the first two nights and didn't allow me to sleep much. I am still sleeping upright, though - with 6/7 pillows. 

One thing I am missing is my appetite. I haven't had my stomach growl since Tuesday. I haven't been able to eat a actual meal without feeling sick. The anesthetics, sedatives, and pain killers that I had on Tuesday were in my body for the next 24 hours. So that stuff is gone now since it's been more than 24 hours. But my appetite is just not 100% yet. It seems like I am able to have coffee (at home or from Dunkin Donuts & Starbucks), chocolate milkshakes, toasts with jam, or ice cream. No issues there, I feel fine afterwards. I've been drinking a lot of water and Gatorade.  

Showering is still difficult to do. But today was the second time I showered so I did better. I was able to wash throughly and I am still figuring out how to dry my hair. I managed just fine this morning but my hair looks like a mess, like when you wake up in the morning and your hair is pretty wild. Haha. I also wear glasses, but I haven't been able to because of the steri-strips behind my ear where the incision is. It feels uncomfortable if I try to put it on so I am leaving that alone. When it is better, I will wear my glasses again. :) 

I've been under great care by Mike (who I get to marry in 5 months!) and he's been very supportive with me and made sure I was feeling OK. I can't forget about Ryder. He's been constantly by my side and has been very cuddly since I came home. He's such a great dog. 

I guess taking care of me is too much work! Both of them passed out while I was watching Castle. ;)

Ryder has been extra loving and cuddly and whenever I am in bed, he lays on top of me. Last night, mike tried to get him to get off the bed to go to the bathroom but he refused and stayed on me or he'd fall back onto me and be "boneless" - Such a baby! 


So far, so good! It's pretty amazing how easy this recovery has been...

Happy Friday! 





No comments:

Post a Comment