Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Week

Hello!

It's been a week since I have had the surgery. Everything is going well. I'm healing well. Showering is now a easy task so thumbs up. Yesterday was my last day on antibiotics. So I'm done! I admit that I am still sore, especially around the incision. It feels tight also. It seems that it is healing fine. I have Mike check it to see how it's doing daily. The steri-strips are still on, but curling up. I give it a couple more days until they fall off. I was told to keep them on as long as possible to help the incision/stitches so I'll do my best with that. 

The past week, I've been laying around the house, doing nothing but watch T.V and sleeping a lot. Today I finally feel that I have energy to move around so hopefully I won't nap. I find that if I fall asleep and nap, I end up sleeping between 1 hour to 2 hours. Sometimes 3 hours! Kind of wasting away the day and today's a nice day so I don't want to do that...  

Mike bought a brand new T.V for the bedroom so I can stay comfortable. We used to have a 12 inch which made it difficult to read the closed captions, haha. So that had to go! The only unfortunate thing is that I gained weight while in recovery but I guess I have to let it slide. I've been working pretty hard on trying to get my weight down the past 5-6 months. So I think I'm ready to get back to that now. Try to eat clean & walk daily and cut out most of the carbs. That means less beer and less pizza, well good luck to me! Those two are my worst enemies when it comes to dieting/losing weight. :P 

Anyway, I contacted my audiologist at University Hospital to find out what I will be getting on July 31st. So I am SO excited! I know I've said it before, but I am so glad that I chose to get the second cochlear implant when I did. All that waiting throughout the years to decide if I wanted to go ahead or not made it all worth it so far in this journey. Best decision I've made also! 

I will be getting: two speech processors, three rechargeable batteries, a remote assistant/control, a personal audio cable, a box of microphone protectors, and a accessory in reserve to select later, which will be most likely the bluetooth option. That's a lot to have so I can't wait to see what they all will be like. 

Oh also, I wanted to thank a couple of my family and friends who have sent me a "get well soon" card and that made my day when I got them in the mail! I appreciate it and just wanted to thank everyone who has kept me in their prayers & thoughts. 

I think that's all I'll write for today. Have a great Wednesday. =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment