Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Music homework

New update. 

My favorite kind of homework from the speech therapist so far is to listen to music and figure out the instrumental sounds and lyrics. (Mostly read along in cd packets and online)  

That means listen to Garth Brooks, Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert, Maroon 5, Blake Shelton,
Bob Seger, and the list goes on. If you haven't noticed, most that I listen to are male artists. I do listen to female artists but right now, I just seem to focus on the deeper voices and I'm able to hear them sing. Females are just higher in pitch. So it's a little harder. BUT with both CI's, no problems. No complaints about that either! 

I can tell that I am hearing more with program #2 than the actual music program on my remote. It sounds more liked not like actual music instruments playing and the words coming out and I'm able to hear those words. Not every word but still. It takes practice to recognize them. That's just with the new CI. With both, sounds so good! So I'm happy about that. More clear and I can hear the words well. Most importantly I can recognize whoever the artist/band is singing. 

Tomorrow I have my 3rd mapping so I hope it goes even better! So I'm anxious to see how it goes and what I can hear. I will also experience "new sounds" at the Browns game. I'll be sure to update next time when I get the chance to. 

Here is a picture of me wearing the new implant with my hair up. It's been so humid and hot lately so I've been doing that. I usually have my hair down though. I try to cover it up as much as I can but no big deal anyway. I have the bigger rechargeable battery on so that lasts 24 hours or so. Depends on how much I use it.  I've had it on since 10am and it's 9pm right now. That's 12 hours and still going strong. I love it! =) 


I'll end it here so that's all for now. 
Good night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment