Monday, August 11, 2014

Five days...

So it's been five days since I've updated. Sorry about that, but here is a long one for today's post! 

Thursday (Aug 7): I decided to head over my parents' house and have my mom help me out with words that I have been learning to hear. I didn't do well. I was too tired to be able to fully recognize the words. It was a off day. So I relaxed for most of the day and give myself a break. 

Friday (Aug 8): I decided to meet up with my former speech therapist, Judy who I had since I was four years old up to 18 years old. She is the reason why I am able to speak so well today. I owe it all to her. When I was little, she would have a lifesaver candy to reward me for speaking correctly or hearing correctly. I used to work SO hard just to get ONE lifesaver. I still hear about it from my mom and how determined I was. :) 

She also helped me to learn how to recognize and hear words with my first cochlear implant in 2000. She also kept all the old practice sheets! We went over the first six words: baseball, toothbrush, cowboy, hotdog, popcorn, and airplane. We also went over the names and decided to throw in two new subjects - colors & numbers! So I did very well with the words so I was glad about that. I was on program 2 by the way. 

Saturday (Aug 9): Took a break from training. Attended a friends wedding - that was a lot of fun. I found myself being able to recognize songs quicker once I heard it playing! I was excited about that. 

Sunday (Aug 10): Nothing to update. Another day off to recover from the wedding in Columbus. :) 

Today, I practiced saying the words to myself out loud. I played around program 1-4. I found myself using 2, 3, and 4 throughout the day and finding out what I liked best and what I heard most out of with. I would have to say program 3 or 4 would be the best so far. 

Tomorrow I meet with the speech therapist at University Hospital to have my first training session. I am wondering on how that will go. It should be interesting! 

That's all I have to post for today.
Good night! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment